Breakfast is by far my most favourite meal of the day… basically because I get to fill up on things like lemon ginger pancakes. Thankfully I have friends to help me out when there seem to be just a few too many flapjacks!
Hopefully these pancakes will keep your spirits up even if the days are getting shorter. I drizzled some local honey over-top to add a little sweetness to the pancakes and it tasted great!
Here is the recipe folks:
What you need,
1 cup oats
2 cups milk
1/4 cup oil
1 tbsp. lemon zest
1 tbsp. ground ginger
1 tbsp. molasses
2 tbsp. honey
1 1/2 cup soft whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
How to prepare,
1. Combine the oats and milk in a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the eggs and oil to the oat mixture.
3. Add the honey, lemon zest and molasses to the mixture.
4. In a separate bowl combine the flour, ginger and baking powder.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
6. Heat a pan with a little bit of butter (to grease) and cook pancakes evenly on each side. (Times and temperatures will vary on the type of oven being used)